At Flossmoor Community Church, worship is what we do for God, and the music ministers in our faith community strive to give God our very best. Our musicians have a wide variety of gifts and training and we know that God loves and wants to hear from each and every one. Our worship reflects that variety and those gifts. Opportunities to share your musical gifts in worship include:
• Singers from high school age on up are welcome,
• Rehearsals are on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Chapel.
• The Chancel Choir leads music in traditional worship every other Sunday, September – May.
• Michael Rugen directs and Vonda Hardesty accompanies the Chancel Choir.
• Participation is by audition, which can be arranged by contacting the Praise Director, Deborah Williams.
• The Praise Ensemble leads music in contemporary praise style worship every other Sunday, September-May
• Bell Ringers from high school age on up are welcome.
• Bell experience is not necessary, but a solid music background is desired.
• Participants must be able to climb the stairs to the balcony.
• Rehearsals are on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in Rehearsal Room B.
• Ringers play an anthem in worship once a month.
• Michael Rugen directs the Chancel Ringers.
• Singers in Kindergarten to 4th grade will gather to make a joyful noise to God this year.
• Rehearsals are on Thursdays from 4 - 4:45 p.m. in Bell Chapel (next to the Sanctuary)
• The Children's Choir will sing in worship once a month from September - May.
• Katie VanHeel directs and Shari Sweeney accompanies the group of young singers.
Please contact Katie VanHeel, Music Ministries Coordinator, at email@example.com for further information.